IV. Intimidation tactics faced by property owners
There are sometimes news reports on intimidation tactics applied to minority property owners who refuse to sell their properties for redevelopment. The intimidation acts may include:
- excessive telephone calls;
- shouting outside the properties;
- cutting off electricity and water supply;
- using glue to block the key hole; or
- using a chain lock to lock the door gate.
If property owners face these acts of intimidation, they should immediately report them to the police, as they may be criminal offences.
Property owners can also consult lawyers and apply for an injunction if necessary to avoid further intimidation and harassment.