A. Introduction to the Labour Tribunal
Before bringing your case to the Court, it is always
advisable to attempt to settle through conciliation. The Labour Relations
Division of the Labour Department stands ready to help both parties
settle quickly and amicably. The telephone hotline for the Labour Department
is 27171771 and the
e-mail address is email@example.com.
- What should I do if I decide to file a claim?
- How much does it cost to file a claim?
- What will happen after I have filed a claim?
- What will happen if the Tribunal cannot serve my claim
on the Defendant?
- What will happen if the Defendant agrees to pay the
claim in full?
- What will happen if the Defendant admits the claim,
but cannot pay immediately?
- What will happen if the Defendant disputes the claim
in part or in whole?
- What will happen if the Defendant ignores the claim?
- What will happen at the first hearing?
- What will happen at any further hearings?
- What should I do if I fail to turn up for a hearing
and my claim is struck out (declined)?
- Can Defendants object to the Tribunal's judgments if they are absent from the hearings?
- If the parties cannot reach an amicable settlement at the first hearing, how can I be prepared for the subsequent trial?
- Can a judgment (Court/Tribunal's decision) be reviewed?
- Can the Claimant or the Defendant appeal to a higher
- Can a decision of the Court of First Instance of High Court be appealed?
- How do I appeal against a decision of the Tribunal
or the Court of First Instance?
- How do I get back the money that I am awarded?
- As a judgment creditor (for which I am entitled to
compensation according to Court/Tribunal's judgment), can I enforce
the judgment if the judgment debtor
has lodged an application for leave to appeal?
- What will happen to the Defendant who fails to pay the sum payable under the award of the Labour Tribunal?
For more details of the above litigation procedures, please consult your lawyer or contact the Labour Tribunal at 26250020. You can also visit the Labour Tribunal's website.