Redevelopment and Acquisition of Property
Read whole topic Back Print Forward

A. Application for land resumption

Under the Urban Renewal Authority Ordinance (Cap. 563 of the Laws of Hong Kong), the URA may apply to the Secretary for Development requesting that he recommend to the Chief Executive in Council the resumption of land required for urban renewal.

If the Chief Executive in Council decides that the resumption is required for a public purpose, the Chief Executive may order the resumption.