Medical Negligence
Read whole topic Back Print Forward

XI. Questions and answers

  1. What will happen if I make a complaint about a doctor to the Medical Council of Hong Kong?
  2. How can I obtain my medical notes and records from the clinic or hospital that treated me?
  3. How can I determine whether or not a doctor has exercised "reasonable skill and care" in administering medical treatment or carrying out an operation? Are there any special standards that can be taken into consideration?
  4. I am a patient and am being asked by my doctor to sign a "consent form" that shows that I accept the treatment or operation. If I sign this consent form but my condition worsens as a result of the treatment or operation, can I still claim against the doctor for compensation?